Saturday 12 March 2011

Balancing Our Mind, Body + Spirit

After last week’s trip to London I feel completely revived on so many levels. In December I went waterskiing for the first time in 33 years. It was great fun, even when I wiped out. After the initial paralytic muscle soreness wore off I realised that my entire left side wasn’t quite right. I am an active, fit person so I didn’t worry too much about this, trusting that my body would re-adjust in time. By early February I was experiencing the first pangs of what felt like sciatica in my lower back and down my left leg. I exercised and hung on the inversion bar but this shooting pain just kept accelerating.

In London all my beautiful therapist friends looked after me. I surrendered to their nurturing and received intensive massage, lymphatic drainage and finally my brilliant cranio/sacral osteopath friend realigned my body. I could feel energy spurt from my toes to my head and back again. It was as though I had a champagne cork wedged somewhere in my left side holding back my natural flow. Ahh finally pain free!



After years of predominantly concentrating on my body, these days it gets pushed to the bottom of my list. I work on my mind, looking at my belief systems and cleaning up my thoughts on a regular basis. I meditate regularly and have been literally clearing in my house which immediately affects every other level.  As a result my spirit has been celebrating, feeling much more connected and in tune with everything and everyone around me. Any body work I ever receive is usually profound. Because I get regular exercise and eat healthily I forget that sometimes my body needs further attention.

We are all mind, body and spirit and it is essential that we engage in caring for all three aspects preventatively in a balanced way so we can be in full flow every day, feeling, thinking and BEING our best. Examine which part of your make-up you need to embrace a little more lovingly. Feel your mind, body and spirit all rejoice together and make you shine in your brightest, fully flowing light.


No comments:

Post a Comment